Certain treatments and costs require the submission of a Treatment Guarantee (Pre-authorisation) Form in advance. Following approval by Allianz Worldwide Care, cover for these required treatments or costs can then be guaranteed. Our Treatment Guarantee Service enables us to maintain our premium rates at the lowest possible level for our members by helping us to control the cost of medical treatment in a worldwide context.
In addition, Treatment Guarantee helps us to provide a better service in the following ways:
- We can ensure that proposed surgical treatments are carried out on a day-care basis where medically appropriate.
- In the case of planned treatment, we will have time to communicate with the hospital to facilitate smooth admission and where possible, arrange for direct settlement, offering cashless access to hospitals for in-patient treatment.
- Treatment can be overseen by our Medical Team.
- In the case of an evacuation/repatriation, we will be able to organise and co-ordinate the evacuation on behalf of the member.
- We can ensure that members are admitted and discharged at times that do not attract a surcharge.
The Treatment Guarantee steps explained:
- Treatment Guarantee is arranged for all in-patient treatment and certain benefits and procedures as outlined in the Table of Benefits.
- The relevant sections of a Treatment Guarantee (Pre-authorisation) Form need to be completed fully by the member and their physician and sent to us for approval prior to treatment. We will respond within 24 hours of receipt of a fully completed form. For members based in the USA, members simply direct their medical provider to contact us and we will co-ordinate with them directly.
- Our Medical Services Team then contacts the medical facility and, where possible, arranges for the payment to be settled directly.
- It is important that members submit a Treatment Guarantee (Pre-authorisation) Form, where required, prior to treatment, as we reserve the right to decline a claim or apply a penalty if this process is not applied.